Amplify Music in Our Los Angeles
Following this year’s inaugural Compose LA Festival, I’ve been asked to join as a panelist for Amplifying Music in our Los Angeles, presented by The Center for Music Innovation at UCLA’s Herb Alpert School of Music.
On May 15th, this day-long conference will expand the conversation of how Los Angeles can grow and connect/collaborate around its diverse music scenes. The panel I’m on will take place in the early afternoon and center on creating events/concerts for a diverse world-focused LA, including area composers and arts leaders such as:
- August Brown, Reporter, LA Times
- Elizabeth “Liz” Garo, VP of Talent, Spaceland Presents
- Howard Ho, Writer, Composer, and Sound Designer
- Nick Schwartz-Hall, Sr. Producer, Programming, The Music Center
- Derrick Spiva Jr, Composer, Artistic Director, Bridge to Everywhere
- Steven Homestead, President, American Composers Forum of Los Angeles
You can click here for the full conference schedule and free registration, either for in-person or online attendance.